RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police announced Tuesday that they have made an arrest in connection with a fatal shooting on Interstate 40 over the weekend.
William Stanton Kinney, 36, was shot on the I-40 exit ramp to Hammond Road around 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, according to police.
He was transported to the hospital with serious injuries and later died, police said Sunday.
Police made an arrest in the shooting around 11 p.m. Monday, records show.
Noshakir Tysha Lewis, 22, of Raleigh, is charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and murder in Kinney’s death, police said.
Lewis is being held in the Wake County Detention Center without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Blue Bell to pay $17.25M in criminal penalties after 2015 listeria contamination
- Claims of ICE detention center hysterectomies spark investigations
- Scammers are exploiting this PayPal policy to rip off online shoppers, BBB says
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil from museum in Finland
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now