RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A 47-year-old man died after a “major fight” over the weekend at a Raleigh nightclub led to a shooting and stabbing, police said. Two others were injured.
Eric Freeman was shot during the incident, which happened Sunday around 2 a.m. He was taken to WakeMed in serious condition and died on Wednesday, police said.
Detectives are investigating the incident as a homicide, police said.
Kwaku Bobioh and Niness Biogo, co-owners of the Paris Lounge, said the incident began when a man started acting aggressively and wasn’t allowed inside the club, which is located along the 5500 block of Atlantic Springs Road.
Marcus Noel Best, 31, suffered stab wounds as a result of the incident. He was taken to WakeMed with non-life-threatening injuries. Bobioh and Biogo said he was a contracted security worker at the club.
Officers also responded to Duke Raleigh Hospital where 36-year-old Brandon Lamar Butler had walked in with non-life-threatening gunshot wounds he suffered during the incident.
Raleigh police remained at the scene investigating for more than 24 hours.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Reward offered after 11-year-old shot while riding in car in Durham
- CBS 17 Storm Team Meteorologist Bill Reh shares his winter weather predictions
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs
- New Zealand leader Ardern offers virus know-how to Joe Biden
- Sheetz, NC’s Wicked Weed Brewing team up for donut-infused beer