RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A man has died after he was shot early Saturday on an exit ramp to Interstate 40 in Raleigh, police said Sunday.
Police initially responded to the I-40 exit ramp to Hammond Road around 3:30 a.m. in reference to a shooting.
Upon arrival, officers found a man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
William Stanton Kinney, 36, later died, according to a news release Sunday afternoon.
Police have not released any suspect or motive information.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘My sister is a fighter’ – NC domestic violence victim survives being shot in face
- Disabled Durham veteran’s wheelchair ramp destroyed by drunk driver, police say