RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A man died after he was stabbed multiple times Saturday night along Capital Boulevard, police said Sunday evening.
The incident was reported around 8:15 p.m. in the 2700 block of Capital Boulevard, which is at the Interstate 440 interchange, Raleigh police said.
The victim was taken to WakeMed and later died from his injuries, according to a news release from police.
Christopher Cotton, 58, was identified as the victim.
Police closed a ramp from I-440 while they were investigating the crime scene Sunday morning in the area at Capital Boulevard.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now