RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police say a man has died from injuries suffered in a Friday morning shooting.
Police say Jameel Leon Barnes, 26, was the man shot.
Investigation of the incident remains underway. Detectives ask anyone with information about the case to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers.
Raleigh police are investigating after a man was shot and seriously injured in east Raleigh Friday morning.
Officers responded to a shots fired call in the 2100-block of Nelson Street at 1:02 a.m. Upon arrival, police found an adult male suffering from at least one gunshot wound in the street.
The man was transported to WakeMed with serious injuries.
Police did not release any suspect information. The shooting is under investigation.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
- Family of woman missing near Myrtle Beach continues search
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now