RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating after they say a man was stabbed Wednesday evening.
Officers arrived at the 100-block of S. Pettigrew Street around 7:35 p.m. and found an adult male with stab wounds.
He was taken to the hospital and is listed in serious condition.
Police on Thursday morning announced that an arrest had been made.
Daniel Travez Vowels, 35, is charged with assault with a dangerous weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. He is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $1 million secured bond.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will Oval Office departure notes end with Trump?
- DISTURBING: 250+ dogs rescued from ‘bone yard’ on Tennessee property
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Raleigh’s new black-owned Black Friday Market thriving downtown despite COVID-19 downturn