ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities Saturday identified the victim after a pedestrian was hit and killed by a car in Rolesville Friday night.
The incident was reported just after 8:15 p.m. in the 600 block of South Main Street, Rolesville police said in a Saturday news release.
The wreck happened as a 2015 Toyota Camry was traveling south on South Main Street, the news release said.
“The pedestrian was on the west side of South Main Street, walking in the roadway and was struck by the Camry,” according to the news release.
The victim, John Henry Landis Jr., 75, of Rolesville was taken to WakeMed, where he later died, police said.
“Weather conditions were not a contributing factor to this crash. The driver of the vehicle cooperated with the investigation and no charges were filed,” the news release said.
South Main Street was closed for several hours after the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Long suspected of teen’s murder, she confessed but avoided prison
- Man found dead inside power substation in Wake County
- May mortgage outlook: What to expect from rates in the days ahead
- Apple’s AirTag tracker will probably help you find your stuff, but there are privacy concerns when it comes to people
- “Quiet givers.” Couple killed in Watauga County shooting laid to rest