GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Garner police say a man died in the hospital shortly after being hit by a vehicle Wednesday night.
The collision was reported at 7:20 p.m. along Timber Drive near U.S. 70, according to Garner police Capt. Joe Binns.
Binns said one vehicle was involved in the crash.
Timber Drive northbound is now open, police tweeted Wednesday night.
The injured man was taken to WakeMed for treatment where he later died, Binns said.
Officers are notifying next-of-kin before his identity is released.
At this point, no charges are expected in the incident, police say.
- ‘There’s going to be justice done’: Ry-Con victims speak out after company president indicted
- CBS News poll: SC debate watchers most impressed by Sanders and Biden
- NC restaurant co-owner says he didn’t write racially-charged posts online
- Triangle businesses feel impacts of coronavirus spread; schools have plan prepared
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59