GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — Garner police say a man died in the hospital shortly after being hit by a vehicle Wednesday night.
The collision was reported at 7:20 p.m. along Timber Drive near U.S. 70, according to Garner police Capt. Joe Binns.
Binns said one vehicle was involved in the crash.
Timber Drive northbound is now open, police tweeted Wednesday night.
The injured man was taken to WakeMed for treatment where he later died, Binns said.
Officers are notifying next-of-kin before his identity is released.
At this point, no charges are expected in the incident, police say.
- Man attacks another with hammer then fakes Raleigh hit-and-run crash, documents say
- Elementary school teacher’s assistant sentenced in sex abuse sting
- VIDEO: 2 large yachts worth $20 million destroyed in huge marina fire
- Falcons defense overwhelms Allen, Panthers 29-3
- VIDEO: Fishing pier collapses as its hit by loose barge at Virginia coast