RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian was hit by a car in Raleigh Friday night.
The incident was reported around 10:25 p.m. along New Bern Avenue at Lord Berkley Road.
Police said a sedan was traveling inbound on New Bern Avenue when a man crossing the road was hit.
The pedestrian suffered serious injuries and was taken to WakeMed for treatment.
The driver of the car involved remained at the scene.
Police are investigating to determine if charges will be filed against the driver.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California inmates tied to ‘staggering’ jobless aid scam worth over $140 million
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Man says he stole heavy-duty batteries from Tennessee cell phone towers to fuel his drug habit
- With worsening COVID-19 pandemic, a growing concern about medical debt
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19