RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian was hit by a car in Raleigh Friday night.
The incident was reported around 10:25 p.m. along New Bern Avenue at Lord Berkley Road.
Police said a sedan was traveling inbound on New Bern Avenue when a man crossing the road was hit.
The pedestrian suffered serious injuries and was taken to WakeMed for treatment.
The driver of the car involved remained at the scene.
Police are investigating to determine if charges will be filed against the driver.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Neighbors join man afraid to walk alone for fear of not returning home alive
- President Trump threatens to deploy US military unless states halt violent protests
- Gov. Cooper greets group of protesters outside Executive Mansion
- Police officers kneel in solidarity with protesters in several U.S. cities
- Raleigh police identify 30 arrested by officers during weekend’s unrest