RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police say a man drove himself to a hospital after he was shot early Friday evening.
The incident happened in the 700 block of East Martin Street, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
Authorities were notified about the incident just after 6:15 p.m. when a gunshot victim walked into WakeMed, the news release said.
“The adult male, who drove himself to the hospital, presented with multiple gunshot wounds and in serious condition,” police said in the news release.
No information was available about a possible suspect.
Police said that an investigation was underway and that information would be released later.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Major I-440 ramps set to close overnight Wednesday for work, NCDOT says
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
- NC woman wanted on murder charge following man’s fentanyl death