RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police said a man was seriously wounded in a shooting near an apartment complex just off Capital Boulevard Friday afternoon.
The incident was reported just before 4:15 p.m. in the 3000 block of Calvary Drive, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
When police arrived they found a man with “gunshot wounds,” the news release said. The area of the shooting is just west of Capital Boulevard near East Millbrook Road.
The man was taken to WakeMed with serious injuries, according to police.
No information about a possible suspect was released.
Police said that an investigation was underway and more information would be released later.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
- NC woman wanted on murder charge following man’s fentanyl death
- Storm reveals mystery shipwreck at Utah’s Great Salt Lake