RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are investigating after a person was found shot across from a northeast Raleigh shopping center Friday morning.
According to police, officers responded to a shooting call in the 5600-block of Stillcrest Way just after 1:50 a.m. Friday.
The area where police say the shooting occurred is at the Village at Town Center apartment complex. It’s across the street from a shopping center next to the Triangle Town Center mall that features multiple businesses including Target, Old Navy, and World Market.
Once at the scene, police found an adult male shooting victim. He was transported to WakeMed for treatment of what police said “are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.”
The shooting investigation remains active and no suspect information has been released. The identity of the victim is being withheld at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now