KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) — Some neighbors were briefly evacuated as a man was barricaded inside a home in Knightdale for hours on Sunday, officials said.
The incident was first reported around 11:30 a.m. at a home near the intersection of Laurens Way and Tallula Lane, according to a Knightdale official.
Knightdale police first tried to arrest the man who had active warrants.
“As they tried to enter the home, the subject claimed he was armed with a firearm and refused to come out of the residence,” the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
Members of the Wake County Sheriff’s Office Tactical Response Team and the Knightdale Police Department then set up a perimeter around the home, the news release said.
Residents were briefly evacuated from the area, a sheriff’s office news release said.
The man was taken into custody after a two-hour standoff after he came out of the home and “was struck by a less lethal round,” the news release said.
No other details were available.
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- N.C. reports 7,986 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, deaths surpass 8,000
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks