RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police said a shooting that happened downtown hours after peaceful protests ended Saturday night.
The protests later turned into looting and vandalism in downtown Raleigh with widespread damage to stores and restaurants in downtown.
The shooting was reported just before 2:10 a.m. at the corner of South Blount and East Martin streets, which is at the intersection of the Skyhouse high-rise apartments.
When police arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound, officials said.
The man was taken to WakeMed but his condition was not available from police.
Officials said police are investigating.
Anyone with information about the shooting should call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- UNC-CH commission recommends re-naming 4 campus buildings
- 2nd person of interest announced in death of 8-year-old girl
- Dead cat gets voter registration application in mail
- University of South Carolina says SAT, ACT optional for 2021
- Florida woman takes job as nursing home dishwasher to be close to husband with Alzheimer’s