RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Investigators, following a 12-hour manhunt, arrested the man suspected in a deadly shooting Wednesday night at the Carolina Open Air Market, according to a news release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
Luis Alberto Rodriguez, 32, is charged with murder. Investigators believe a physical altercation outside the store, located at 6400 Poole Rd., between him and 31-year-old Joseph Brooks Lee ended with Rodriguez shooting Lee once.
Lee was taken to WakeMed where he died from his injuries, the release said.
The store’s clerk told CBS 17 after the shooting that Rodriguez was a regular customer.
Rodriguez is being held at the Wake County Detention Center.
- Full Snow Moon: Here’s when you can see it
- ‘Sharks’ in art teacher’s front yard turn heads
- 4 children injured after school bus hits ditch in Lee County, trooper says
- Scott: ‘I don’t think it made any sense’ for McConnell to boot me from Commerce
- Potential mass shooting thwarted after high-capacity weapons found pointed from window of Hollywood high-rise