RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An 84-year-old man whose body was discovered earlier this month was killed in a homicide, Raleigh police said Monday
Benjamin Franklin Merritt was found dead around 5 p.m. on June 13, according to a news release.
Police were dispatched to the 2200 block of Evers Drive for a welfare call, police said.
“Upon their arrival, the officers located an adult male who was pronounced deceased by emergency medical personnel,” the news release said.
A search warrant obtained by CBS 17 on July 29 revealed that Merritt was found with several stab wounds to his chest, neck and back.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- Cannon Hinnant memorial plans to be announced Wednesday in Wilson
- Hackers steal nearly $60,000 from NC Boys and Girls Club
- At least 128 people sick after eating sushi from NC Harris Teeter stores
- Army vet tests positive for COVID, dies after taking multi-state trip with NC bus company
- CBS 17 Job Alert – NC Forest Service hiring, substance abuse counselor needed in Butner