RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An 84-year-old man whose body was discovered earlier this month was killed in a homicide, Raleigh police said Monday
Benjamin Franklin Merritt was found dead around 5 p.m. on June 13, according to a news release.
Police were dispatched to the 2200 block of Evers Drive for a welfare call, police said.
“Upon their arrival, the officers located an adult male who was pronounced deceased by emergency medical personnel,” the news release said.
A search warrant obtained by CBS 17 on July 29 revealed that Merritt was found with several stab wounds to his chest, neck and back.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- ‘Everybody’s just very grateful’: NC state leaders hopeful next vaccine group could be move up
- Bill would make it a crime to insult a police officer
- Inmate used ‘body cavity’ to bring tiny gun into jail, Missouri officials say
- UNC-Chapel Hill says fall semester goal is ‘full return to in-person instruction’
- Study finds masks, dining rules help curb spread