RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Jordan Lake is closed to the public, but the beautiful weather had people flocking for a chance to fish or just get out on the water Sunday.
CBS 17 crews caught many anglers slipping their boats in the water at Falls Lake despite the fact that the state park is closed.
The North Carolina Wildlife and Resource Commission is keeping boat ramps open at Six Forks, Ledge Rock, and Hickory Hill though many access roads are restricting access.
A boat ramp is also open for access to Jordan Lake, although the park areas are closed and rangers are patrolling to make sure no one visits.
Mike Harvey said that social distancing made for the perfect opportunity to take his son camping.
“We just went out last night taking advantage of the beautiful weather. There were no bugs, and it was still cool,” Harvey said. “We were just enjoying being out and away from everything.”
Though the park remains closed, hikers can access the entirety of the Falls Lake Mountains to Sea Trail, but you’re asked to make sure your car isn’t blocking any trailheads or roadways.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pentagon puts military police on alert to go to Minneapolis
- Protest over George Floyd’s death planned in Raleigh Saturday afternoon
- 2 hospitalized after chlorine leak near 2 Raleigh nursing homes
- Car crash closes Glenwood Ave. at Raleigh’s Five Points, police say
- Charlotte police declare George Floyd protest an ‘unlawful assembly’