GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — A Garner man was taken to the hospital where he later died following a crash involving a motorcycle and car.
Police say the fatal motorcycle/car collision occurred on Tuesday around 11:55 a.m. at the entrance to Lowe’s Foods on Timber Dr. near Aversboro Rd.
The preliminary investigation indicates the motorcycle, operated by Robert Joseph Chiappetta of Garner, was headed east on Timber Dr. and the vehicle, a 2005 Lincoln driven by Henry Eugene Grindstaff of Raleigh, was headed west on Timber Dr. and turned left into the path of the motorcycle to enter the parking lot of Lowe’s Foods.
Police say the driver and passenger of the car were not injured.
The motorcyclist was transported to the hospital where he died. At this time there are no charges that have been filed, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way
- ‘I am scared for my own life’: 911 call offers new details after man accused of killing 19-year-old High Point University student
- Rocket Man: Elton John announces NC concert in 2022
- SC man who had over 500K photos, nearly 9K videos of child sex abuse sentenced to 20 years
- Durham VA says COVID-19 vaccine lottery leading to rise in vaccinations at clinics