HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) — A motorcyclist died in a crash after the driver of a Prius pulled in front of the motorcycle in Holly Springs Saturday, officials say.
The incident was reported around 9:30 p.m. along N.C. 55 at the entrance to Walmart, according to Holly Springs spokesman Mark Andrews.
The wreck happened as the motocyclist was heading south along N.C. 55 and the driver of a Toyota Prius was heading north on the same road, Andrews said.
The driver of the Prius turned left into the Walmart parking lot and the vehicles collided, according to Andrews.
The motorcyclist died after the wreck.
Prius driver David Milton Owens, 51, of Apex was charged with misdemeanor death by vehicle for failing to yield right of way, Andrews said.
The name of the person who died was not available. An investigation into the wreck is still underway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CMPD: Toddler shoots himself with family-friend’s unsecured and loaded gun
- Tropical Storm Josephine forms in Atlantic; earliest ‘J’ named storm on record
- Bankrupt Alaska airline seeks bonus for its chief executive
- Chinese officials say chicken wings from Brazil tested positive for coronavirus
- AMC Theatres reopening with 1920s prices, mix of throwback and modern movies