RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — An employee at the North Carolina State Fair was injured and taken to the hospital Friday afternoon, according to State Fair officials.
A spokesperson with the State Fair said a ride employee on the Cuckoo Fun House was working the attraction when she stepped back on a spinning plate on the floor of the ride, causing her to lose her balance and fall.
The employee’s name has not yet been released. She was taken to the hospital with injuries that officials are calling minor.
No other details were released.
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
- Habitual felon escapes prison work release assignment in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now