RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A North Carolina State University football player was cited after a rifle accidentally fired in his Raleigh apartment Sunday, police said.
The incident happened around 6:45 p.m. in the 1300 block of Thornberry Street, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
“The bullet pierced a wall and entered an adjoining unoccupied apartment,” the police news release said.
Christopher Ingram, 21, was cited with discharging a weapon within city limits.
Ingram, from Salisbury, is a junior at N.C. State and plays cornerback for the Wolfpack.
- Family mourns Durham woman killed by celebratory gunfire on July 4th
- Raleigh officials disappointed, concerned by report of COVID-19 exposure at summer camp
- Wake County leaders approve paid holiday for Juneteenth
- NC begins COVID-19 testing at nursing homes amid delays in getting test results
- Man arrested after 4-year-old Fayetteville child killed in SC shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now