RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A North Carolina State University football player was cited after a rifle accidentally fired in his Raleigh apartment Sunday, police said.
The incident happened around 6:45 p.m. in the 1300 block of Thornberry Street, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
“The bullet pierced a wall and entered an adjoining unoccupied apartment,” the police news release said.
Christopher Ingram, 21, was cited with discharging a weapon within city limits.
Ingram, from Salisbury, is a junior at N.C. State and plays cornerback for the Wolfpack.
- NC woman facing 40 counts of animal cruelty after dogs seized
- First-grader takes gun to school, discharges in pocket
- Gunman crashes during chase after robbing Food Lion in Morrisville, police say
- 4-year-old fighting for life, suffered brain damage after getting the flu
- Woman dies after hair, clothing gets caught in raisin processing machine