RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A North Carolina State University student died Monday night after being hit by a car in California, the university announced.
Samantha Lin was a member of N.C. State College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2020. She turned 25 in July.
“She was passionate, fun and dedicated to helping as many as possible through veterinary medicine,” N.C. State said.
Lin was a native of San Antonio, Texas. She was a graduate of Harvard University.
“Our hearts go out to Sam’s family, friends and to all of those she touched so deeply,” N.C. State said.
The university said it will have counselors on hand at the CVM campus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now