RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina School of Science and Math students who designed an app aimed to help encourage recycling are finalists for in a contest that could earn the school $10,000 in technology.
The app uses a phone’s camera and tells the user if something can be recycled. Just by pointing it at the item, it can tell with 90 percent accuracy if it is plastic.
The students are finalists for the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow contest.
Voting is open until March 30.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Duke planning to host in-person spring graduation ceremony
- Help keep your community clean: Sign up now for NCDOT’s annual spring litter sweep
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- DHHS to make rapid antigen COVID-19 tests available to public, charter K-12 schools