RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina School of Science and Math students who designed an app aimed to help encourage recycling are finalists for in a contest that could earn the school $10,000 in technology.
The app uses a phone’s camera and tells the user if something can be recycled. Just by pointing it at the item, it can tell with 90 percent accuracy if it is plastic.
The students are finalists for the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow contest.
Voting is open until March 30.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video
- Franklin County health director slams Youngsville’s decision to hold Christmas parade Saturday
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations increase as NC has fewest available ICU beds amid pandemic
- SC man charged with killing 5-day-old son in Harnett County, deputies say