RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Outbound lanes of Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh were closed briefly Tuesday night after a head-on crash that injured two people, police said.
The wreck was reported around 7:45 p.m. along Glenwood Avenue near Creedmoor Road, according to Raleigh police.
A car headed into Raleigh on Glenwood Avenue crossed the median and crashed into a car headed outbound, police said.
Two people were taken to a nearby hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Outbound lanes of Glenwood were closed between Creedmore Road and Tribute Center Drive. The road reopened shortly before 9 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC reports 1,167 COVID-19 cases, 1 new death with sharp jump in cases
- NC mom abandoned baby in plastic bag at church parking lot, deputies say
- NC man stole SUV after killing mom, grandparents in shooting, deputies say
- Wake County contractor positive for COVID-19; 16 healthcare workers exposed and symptomatic, officials say
- Country music singer Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now