RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Overnight lane closures are expected to occur this week and next week during construction on the Interstate 440 Improvements Project.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation is bringing down the Melbourne Road bridge over I-440.
Monday – the inside westbound lane will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day.
Tuesday through Thursday – all eastbound lanes will be closed from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
During the closure, eastbound travelers will exit I-440 at Jones Franklin Road and follow a detour to Western Boulevard back to the Beltline.
Closures for the following week are:
Oct. 14-16 – the inside eastbound lane of I-440 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day
Oct. 15-17 – all westbound lanes will be closed from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Drivers heading west will take the Western Boulevard exit and turn left on Jones Franklin to get back to I-440.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CNN crew arrested while on-air covering Minneapolis protests
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now