RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Overnight lane closures are expected to occur this week and next week during construction on the Interstate 440 Improvements Project.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation is bringing down the Melbourne Road bridge over I-440.
Monday – the inside westbound lane will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day.
Tuesday through Thursday – all eastbound lanes will be closed from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
During the closure, eastbound travelers will exit I-440 at Jones Franklin Road and follow a detour to Western Boulevard back to the Beltline.
Closures for the following week are:
Oct. 14-16 – the inside eastbound lane of I-440 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day
Oct. 15-17 – all westbound lanes will be closed from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Drivers heading west will take the Western Boulevard exit and turn left on Jones Franklin to get back to I-440.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Great-Granddaddy’ of UNC Athletics dies at age 99
- Hundreds of protesters face off in Pittsboro over pro-Confederate monument, heritage gathering
- ‘Most ridiculous thing ever’: Officials split building in two to solve property dispute
- Buying a beer in Virginia? You may be unknowingly donating to a campaign
- Senate bill would raise minimum age to buy tobacco — including e-cigarettes — to 21
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now