RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Part of Interstate 440 heading east was blocked for about two hours Monday after a crash near Wade Avenue, officials said.
The crash was reported just before 3:55 p.m. near mile marker 4, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The right two eastbound lanes were closed until 5:45 p.m.
A photo from the scene showed the trailer from a tractor-trailer was overturned across lanes and blocking traffic. The cab portion of the tractor-trailer was upright.
There was no word about injuries.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway