RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian died Saturday evening after being hit by a car in Raleigh, police said.
The incident was reported around 5:50 p.m. in the inbound Glenwood Avenue lanes at Brier Creek Parkway, which is just north of Interstate 540, according to Raleigh police.
The inbound lanes of Glenwood Avenue are closed while police conduct an investigation. Other turn lanes at the intersection might also be closed, police said.
A detour was set up for eastbound U.S. 70, which is inbound Glenwood Avenue.
The road reopened just after 11 p.m..
No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State, William & Mary cancel Monday game due to coronavirus
- Suspect sought in deadly Jacksonville shooting
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh