RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian died Saturday evening after being hit by a car in Raleigh, police said.
The incident was reported around 5:50 p.m. in the inbound Glenwood Avenue lanes at Brier Creek Parkway, which is just north of Interstate 540, according to Raleigh police.
The inbound lanes of Glenwood Avenue are closed while police conduct an investigation. Other turn lanes at the intersection might also be closed, police said.
A detour was set up for eastbound U.S. 70, which is inbound Glenwood Avenue.
The road reopened just after 11 p.m..
No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Kessler, Tar Heels rally from 16 down to upset No. 11 FSU
- Johnson & Johnson’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
- No. 16 Virginia Tech pounds Wake Forest 84-46
- Deputies investigate ‘suspicious’ death near Rocky Mount
- Simms, Dawes each score 19 as Clemson defeats Miami 66-58, wins 5th straight