RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh pedestrian was killed in a collision with a vehicle — the third such deadly crash in Wake County in just hours on Wednesday.
The incident happened just before 8 p.m. Wednesday at Six Forks Road at East Millbrook Road, according to Raleigh police.
Upon arrival, they discovered an adult male victim suffering from life-threatening injuries; he was transported to the hospital but did not survive.
The driver of the vehicle is in custody. No charges have been filed at this time, police say.
Due to this incident, outbound lanes on Six Forks Road at East Millbrook Road and inbound lanes on Six Forks Road at Loft Lane are temporarily closed. Drivers are advised to find alternate routes.
Police said drivers should avoid the area.
The first deadly pedestrian crash Wednesday happened just before 5 p.m. along NC 55 near Teal Lake Drive in Holly Springs. A 14-year-old girl was killed when she was hit by a vehicle.
Another pedestrian collision was reported at 7:20 p.m. near Timber Drive near U.S. 70 in Garner. A man was critically injured and later died when he was hit by a car.
- Family devastated after 7-year-old SC girl dies one minute into tonsil surgery
- ‘There’s going to be justice done’: Ry-Con victims speak out after company president indicted
- CBS News poll: SC debate watchers most impressed by Sanders and Biden
- NC restaurant co-owner says he didn’t write racially-charged posts online
- Triangle businesses feel impacts of coronavirus spread; schools have plan prepared
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now