GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – A male pedestrian was hit Tuesday night and killed, causing the westbound lanes of Interstate 40 to close near US Route 70 west in southern Wake County near Johnston County, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
The incident happened on I-40 west near exit 306. One of the westbound lanes reopened shortly before midnight Tuesday. The other lane opened shortly after.
Authorities told CBS 17 that they “have the vehicle involved,” but didn’t say if that meant any charges were going to be filed or if they had arrested anyone.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours