ROLESVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Part of Main Street in Rolesville is closed after a pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Friday night.
The incident was reported around 8:20 p.m. in the 900 block of South Main Street, according to officials.
Police said the wreck happened as the victim, who lived in Rolesville, was walking southbound on the road.
The driver of the vehicle involved was also driving southbound.
Police said that the driver’s vehicle hit the victim and kept going a short distance before turning around and the driver then called police. The victim’s name was not released.
As of 10:10 p.m. the entire road was blocked between the 900 and 600 blocks of South Main Street, just south of Burlington Mills Road. The road will likely be closed for several more hours.
Rolesville police said that charges are not expected in the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now