RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A pedestrian was killed in a hit-and-run Friday night in Raleigh, police said.
Just after 6:40 p.m., police responded to the scene along the 2400 block of Crabtree Boulevard.
The victim, a woman, died after she was hit while crossing Crabtree Boulevard, according to a Raleigh police news release.
Police said the suspect didn’t remain on scene.
The news release said a silver Ford vehicle, possibly a Fusion, hit the woman. The Ford will have front-end damage and a damaged windshield, according to police.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP (4357).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State, William & Mary cancel Monday game due to coronavirus
- Suspect sought in deadly Jacksonville shooting
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh