RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN)– A man was seriously injured after he was hit by a car, Raleigh police said.
It happened Monday just after 11:05 a.m. at the intersection of Saddle Seat Drive and Bridle Path Drive in Raleigh.
Police said the man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
According to a police crash report, the pedestrian was crossing the road in a section not marked with a crosswalk when he was hit by a vehicle driven by Cecilio Hernandez Cedillo, of Cary.
The report states that Cedillo was traveling at approximately 30 mph at the time of the collision and witness statements to police indicated that Cedillo never tried to avoid hitting the pedestrian.
Cedillo was cited for failure to reduce speed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- DoorDash driver somehow survives being swept beneath city by floodwaters
- Trump says he recently ‘aced’ a cognitive test, surprising doctors with his ‘unbelievable’ performance
- Fayetteville educator named North Carolina’s teacher of the year
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills
- Funeral held for country music legend Charlie Daniels
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now