RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A pedestrian was struck multiple times by the same minivan on a Wake County road near Raleigh in a Wednesday morning hit-and-run, according to North Carolina State Highway Patrol troopers.
According to troopers, a man was walking down the 5300-block of Rock Quarry Road when he was struck multiple times by a red minivan. The driver initially stopped and stayed with a witness at the scene, but the driver ended up leaving the scene before troopers arrived.
Troopers said a witness told them that the driver said they didn’t know the pedestrian.
Authorities are searching for a red minivan with heavy front-end damage.
Another witness later drove up to the scene and told troopers that she had seen the man earlier walking in the middle of Rock Quarry Road.
The pedestrian, identified as Julian Terrell Patterson-Scott, 27, of Raleigh, was transported to the hospital and later died, authorities said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- “We want justice!” Dozens honor life of 15-year-old killed in Durham shooting
- Plane crashes in Pennsylvania neighborhood while trying to land
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Four killed in Sunday plane crash near Waco, Texas
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now