RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating after a person was found dead inside a car Thursday afternoon.
Authorities received a “code blue” call around 5:05 p.m. in the 7400 block of Louisburg Road/U.S. 401, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
“Upon arrival, officers located a deceased male inside a vehicle,” officials said in the news release.
More authorities were then sent to the scene and an investigation began, according to police.
The identity of the dead person was not released by police.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Which face masks are the most (and least) effective at stopping COVID-19 exposure?
- McAllen man arrested for ex-wife’s death has previous murder attempt convictions
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- 21 people shot, one killed at outdoor gathering in Southeast D.C.