RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – PNC Arena is changing up what kind of bags guests will be allowed to bring into the facility.
Beginning September 18, guests will only be allowed to bring in a clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag that doesn’t exceed 12” x 6” x 12” in size.
One-gallon clear freezer bags and small clutch purses no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” are also permitted.
“The clear bag policy is an additional security measure that complements our standards for safety and security at PNC Arena,” said Don Waddell, president of the Carolina Hurricanes. “The new guidelines support a safer environment and allows us to enhance the efficiency of entry for guests.”
Exceptions to the new policy are medically necessary items like diaper bags. Those bags will undergo a thorough inspection.
A child must accompany the diaper bag.
Guests will be allowed to take bags back to their vehicle if they are not allowed to bring it into the arena.
Walk-through metal detectors and K-9s will still be on location to aid in security.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway