RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police took four people into custody after officers gathered outside an apartment in a neighborhood in north Raleigh Tuesday night.
Around 10:40 p.m., several officers were outside the apartment unit in the 6300 block of Shanda Drive, which is between Sandy Forks Road and Spring Forest Road.
Police said the incident was “drug-related.” Several officers with their guns drawn went into the apartment unit around 10:30 p.m.
Later, police said that four people were taken into custody and that no one was left in the apartment.
No one was injured and police stressed the incident was not a “standoff.”
No other details were provided.
- Ex-South Carolina officer appeals 20-year sentence for killing Black man
- EXPLAINER: How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?
- Overturned ambulance snarls traffic in downtown Raleigh
- Graphic video shows moments leading to state police officer’s murder during traffic stop
- Johnson & Johnson pause won’t affect Wake County’s vaccination schedule