RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are investigating after a man was shot at a North Raleigh home late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened just before midnight along the 600-block of E. Millbrook Road. Police said an adult male was taken to the hospital, but that he was alert and his wounds didn’t appear to be life-threatening.
Andrew Rhone, 30, taken to WakeMed, but that he was alert and his injuries didn’t appear to be life-threatening, police said.
Police said Rhone was inside the home with wife and three children when he was shot.
“I have nephews that live here too, so little kids. I heard he had three kids that lived there too. It’s pretty scary, especially being so close. I’m glad to hear he’s recovering,” said neighbor Scott Porter.
Porter, who has lived on Millbrook Road for 29 years, says the neighborhood is normally calm and peaceful.
“The amount of cops I saw, I knew something serious had happened,” Porter said.
No one else was hurt in the shooting and there’s currently no suspect in custody.
The investigation is ongoing and no further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California inmate beats 2 convicted child molesters with a cane, kills them both
- Mother facing multiple charges after 16-year-old weighs in at 26 pounds
- If you haven’t traveled to China recently, you shouldn’t be concerned about the Coronavirus, Duke health experts say
- Examining North Carolina’s impact on past impeachments
- Zion Williamson rejoining Pelicans lineup at pivotal time