RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are investigating after a man was shot at a North Raleigh home late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened just before midnight along the 600-block of E. Millbrook Road. Police said an adult male was taken to the hospital, but that he was alert and his wounds didn’t appear to be life-threatening.
Andrew Rhone, 30, taken to WakeMed, but that he was alert and his injuries didn’t appear to be life-threatening, police said.
Police said Rhone was inside the home with wife and three children when he was shot.
“I have nephews that live here too, so little kids. I heard he had three kids that lived there too. It’s pretty scary, especially being so close. I’m glad to hear he’s recovering,” said neighbor Scott Porter.
Porter, who has lived on Millbrook Road for 29 years, says the neighborhood is normally calm and peaceful.
“The amount of cops I saw, I knew something serious had happened,” Porter said.
No one else was hurt in the shooting and there’s currently no suspect in custody.
The investigation is ongoing and no further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Didn’t get $500 stimulus check for your children? IRS says to apply now
- FDA says these hand sanitizers won’t protect you against COVID-19
- Astronomers find ‘Milky Way look-alike’ baby galaxy 12 billion light-years from Earth
- Report: U.S. Postal Service warns 46 states about mail voting delays including North Carolina
- This NC woman turned 116 and is the oldest person in the U.S.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now