RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Monday morning at a Circle K convenience store.
According to police, the robbery was called in at 3:56 a.m. at the Circle K located in the 4400-block of Louisburg Road.
A male suspect wearing black clothing and red shoes went inside the store with a note asking for money and implying that he had a weapon with him, police said. Despite the threatening note, a weapon was not seen by the store clerk, according to officials.
Once getting a small amount of cash, the suspect ran from the scene — but not before taking his note back, police said.
No one was injured during the robbery.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Georgia secretary of state blasts President Trump over Georgia elections
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say