RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police are looking for a man suspected of busting through a door of a convenience store after grabbing a handful of cash from the register.
According to the store’s manager, the man came in as a customer. He left and came back. Surveillance video showed him at the counter making a purchase, then grabbing a handful of cash from the register.
The manager said the man took about $500.
The manager said the clerk pressed a button near the register that locked the doors, preventing the suspect from escaping. Surveillance video showed the suspect crouch down and ram himself into the door until the window busted out, allowing him to escape.
Raleigh police confirmed the manager’s account.
The manager said the suspect drove away, ran a red light, hit two other cars, then fled on foot. Police said minor injuries were associated with the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- In being opening game for 3 straight opponents, Blue Devils will set odd record at Virginia
- Large NC outdoor venues to reopen, financial relief coming for small businesses
- Some Halloween activities could increase COVID-19 risk, CDC warns
- Child involved in Durham shooting, police say
- Durham school building closing after ‘probable’ COVID-19 case involving worker
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now