RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Atlantic Avenue between Whitaker Mill Road and Six Forks Road reopened Monday morning following a water main break on Sunday.
The water main break happened before noon Sunday, but did not affect any water customers.
City officials said the road was not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon, but crews had completed their work and the road was reopened by 8:30 a.m.
The actual water main repairs were expected to be complete around 3 a.m. Monday, but the road had to then be repaved.
City officials said motorists should be aware that other projects are in progress in the same area of Hodges Road, Wake Forest Road and E. Six Forks Road, and delays or backups are still possible in the area.
Authorities have not said what caused the water main break.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Man charged in 2008 deadly home invasion in Robeson County surrenders, deputies say
- Group, residents push for land to build affordable housing in historic Durham community
- Kentucky basketball player Terrence Clarke dies in LA car crash
- Police investigating after man shot to death at Fayetteville home
- Study: I-85 among top 30 ‘Deadliest Roads’ in the U.S.