RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Atlantic Avenue between Whitaker Mill Road and Six Forks Road reopened Monday morning following a water main break on Sunday.
The water main break happened before noon Sunday, but did not affect any water customers.
City officials said the road was not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon, but crews had completed their work and the road was reopened by 8:30 a.m.
The actual water main repairs were expected to be complete around 3 a.m. Monday, but the road had to then be repaved.
City officials said motorists should be aware that other projects are in progress in the same area of Hodges Road, Wake Forest Road and E. Six Forks Road, and delays or backups are still possible in the area.
Authorities have not said what caused the water main break.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Third stimulus check: GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Juvenile male’ shot while inside Durham home, police say
- Former Make-A-Wish CEO, wife of Wake Forest asst. basketball coach arrested on theft charges
- NC adds more than 120 COVID-19 deaths as hospitalizations continue to drop