RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Part of Capital Boulevard was closed for more than three hours Sunday night in Raleigh after a wreck involving a motorcycle, police said.
The crash was reported just before 6:55 p.m. along Capital Boulevard just before Brentwood Road, according to a news release from Raleigh police.
The wreck happened when a car crashed into the back of a motorcycle, according to police.
The motorcyclist was taken to WakMed after suffering serious injuries.
Two lanes of northbound Capital Boulevard in the area were closed until just after 10:35 p.m.
Police said they are investigating the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- State Board of Elections tells Carrboro to remove Black Lives Matter flags from town hall
- Rankings: Which states don’t bother to vote
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze
- NASA to launch new satellite to enhance data for weather models, hurricane forecasting
- 12-year-old girl abducted from TN located in Asheville; man in FBI custody