RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A gas leak in east Raleigh has shut down a section of a road and, according to residents, resulted in evacuations in the area.
According to police, the 2300-block of Milburnie Road between N. King Charles Road and Culpepper Lane is closed due to the leak.
Video from the scene showed multiple ambulances, fire trucks and police vehicles lining the road in the area of the gas leak.
Authorities on scene have not confirmed that evacuations have taken place, but residents on Milburnie Road said some have already been asked to leave their homes.
Dominion Energy confirmed there were crews out digging and that a gas line was hit. The line was secured around 12:15 p.m.
Police told CBS 17 that the road could be closed for an extended period of time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Deputies seek help in search for missing NC woman
- Couple caught on camera defacing Black Lives Matter mural
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for part of Wayne County
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief
- California shuts bars, indoor dining and most gyms, churches
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now