RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A gas leak in east Raleigh has shut down a section of a road and, according to residents, resulted in evacuations in the area.
According to police, the 2300-block of Milburnie Road between N. King Charles Road and Culpepper Lane is closed due to the leak.
Video from the scene showed multiple ambulances, fire trucks and police vehicles lining the road in the area of the gas leak.
Authorities on scene have not confirmed that evacuations have taken place, but residents on Milburnie Road said some have already been asked to leave their homes.
Dominion Energy confirmed there were crews out digging and that a gas line was hit. The line was secured around 12:15 p.m.
Police told CBS 17 that the road could be closed for an extended period of time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Portion of Cedar Creek Road in Fayetteville closed due to crash, avoid area
- 1st NC case of new COVID-19 variant detected in Charlotte area
- Teen describes torture and attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Man wounded in shooting along Holloway St. in Durham
- No. 13 Virginia rallies past Georgia Tech, 64-62