RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A section of Falls of Neuse Road in Raleigh was shut down Friday morning after a hit-and-run crash left power lines stretched across the road, police said.
A call regarding the crash came in around 11 p.m. Thursday. According to police, a female driver slammed into a power pole and knocked it down. She then fled the scene.
The impact of the crash caused the lines to stretch across Falls of Neuse between Country Ridge and Cedarhurst drives, authorities said. The closure was near the Quail Corners Shopping Center.
Police said the power pole remained intact, but the road was completely impassable.
The road was closed for several hours but reopened later Friday morning.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Book leads No. 2 Notre Dame past Syracuse to 45-21 victory in home finale
- Hundreds attend Youngsville Christmas parade despite objections from health officials
- Bus drivers quitting after school district returns to virtual learning: ‘It’s out of my control’
- Group gathers to support Wendell store owner cited over COVID-19 face mask rules