RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing a felony animal cruelty charge after he “cruelly beat” and injured a woman’s cat last week, according to an arrest warrant.
William Jason Haliko, 34, of Raleigh “needlessly injured” and “wounded” a female 8-year-old tabby cat on Nov. 12, according to the arrest warrant.
The cat, named Perses, belongs to a woman he shares a Raleigh apartment with, according to the warrant.
Raleigh police said the cat was injured after the cat bit Haliko.
Haliko was arrested on Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Official: 3 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Wisconsin tavern
- NC woman who was oldest living American dies at 116
- NC store owner withheld video of dog charging at man before deadly shooting, deputies say
- Teen taken to hospital after head is grazed by gunfire in Rocky Mount
- U.S. counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows