RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is charged with kidnapping, choking, and sexually assaulting another man at knifepoint, according to a Wake County Magistrate’s Order obtained by CBS 17.
Paul David Chadwick, 33, is accused of kidnapping a man, choking him, putting a knife to his throat and then forcibly “engag[ing] in a sex offense” with him on Saturday, court documents show.
According to the magistrate’s order, Chadwick kidnapped the victim “for the purpose of maintaining [the victim] for sexual servitude” and then sexually assaulted him.
Chadwick is charged with assault by strangulation, assault with a deadly weapon, first-degree kidnapping, and three counts of first-degree forcible sex offense.
This is Chadwick’s 13th arrest in Wake County, records show.
The suspect is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $3.25 million secured bond. His first court appearance is set for Monday afternoon, according to arrest records.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County Sheriff’s Office receives $200k matching grant for body cams
- Reward offered after 1 shot in Johnston County home invasion
- Appeals court allows NC to keep absentee deadline extension
- Epsilon strengthens to become 10th hurricane this season
- Gastonia prepares for Trump’s visit with more than 15,000 expected to attend
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now