RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man has been charged with murder in connection with the stabbing death of a 58-year-old man on March 21.
Reginald Leon Valentine, 35, was arrested Tuesday near the intersection of Capital Boulevard and Spring Forest Road, arrest records show.
The incident was reported around 8:15 p.m.on March 21 in the 2700 block of Capital Boulevard, which is at the Interstate-440 interchange, Raleigh police said.
The victim, later identified as Christopher Cotton, was taken to WakeMed and later died from his injuries, according to a news release from police.
Police closed a ramp from I-440 while they were investigating the crime scene Sunday morning in the area at Capital Boulevard.
Valentine is being held without bond at the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tiger at New York City zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Up to 17 shots fired in drive-by shooting that injured baby, Durham neighbors say
- Many in Triangle head out boating, fishing while keeping social distancing in mind
- Raleigh nursing students ready to graduate, help amid COVID-19 pandemic
- 3 dead in NC boat crash; 2 men operated boats while impaired, officials say