SURFSIDE BEACH, S.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man died in an incident at a pool in the Myrtle Beach area Sunday afternoon, officials say.
The incident happened at the Myrtle Beach Resort in Surfside Beach, according to a statement from Patty Bellamy, deputy coroner for Horry County.
The victim was identified as Shawn Hamlet, 52.
According to Tony Casey with Horry County Fire Rescue, crews were called to the Myrtle Beach Resort at 5905 South Kings Highway in Surfside Beach around 12:30 p.m.
Hamlet died at South Strand Hospital following the incident, Bellamy said in a news release.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning. The Horry County Police Department is investigating.
— WBTW contributed to this report
- Moore County hit hardest in central NC with a third of all Duke Energy customers in the dark
- NC man kills mom, sister and his teen son in Wilmington shooting, police say
- Some try to have fun as ice and snow cause travel, power problems in Triangle
- COVID-19 patients show more signs of brain damage than people with Alzheimer’s disease
- Thousands of US flights canceled due to winter storm on Sunday