SURFSIDE BEACH, S.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man died in an incident at a pool in the Myrtle Beach area Sunday afternoon, officials say.
The incident happened at the Myrtle Beach Resort in Surfside Beach, according to a statement from Patty Bellamy, deputy coroner for Horry County.
The victim was identified as Shawn Hamlet, 52.
According to Tony Casey with Horry County Fire Rescue, crews were called to the Myrtle Beach Resort at 5905 South Kings Highway in Surfside Beach around 12:30 p.m.
Hamlet died at South Strand Hospital following the incident, Bellamy said in a news release.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning. The Horry County Police Department is investigating.
— WBTW contributed to this report
- ‘I didn’t mean to startle anyone’: Video shows arrest of man found with guns, ammo in Chicago hotel
- US basketball loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Russians top Biles, Americans in gymnastics qualifying
- History made: Anastasija Zolotic becomes first Team USA woman to win taekwondo gold
- ‘Garden of the Phoenix’ displays history of US-Japan relations