RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing several charges Monday after he kidnapped a baby and punched a woman in the face, according to court documents.
The incident happened early Monday at a home on Beverly Drive when the man broke into a home “to terrorize” a woman and 1-year-old child inside, a magistrate’s order said.
Antonio Jerome Meredith, 29, also kidnapped the baby “for the purpose of holding the victim as a hostage,” the magistrate’s order said.
Meredith also hit a woman twice in the face, the warrant said.
Meredith was taken into custody by Raleigh police at his home early Monday and charged with breaking/entering to terrorize/injure, first-degree kidnapping and assault on a female, according to arrest records.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hundreds attend Clayton gathering where groups promote love, peace
- Group seeks law enforcement oversight, bail reform during peaceful Fayetteville march
- Mom of 6 dead, 2 officers among 5 hurt in crash during police chase caught on video
- The show must go on: Salem Singers
- Hundreds pay respects, call for change at George Floyd’s Raeford memorial service
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now