RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing several charges Monday after he kidnapped a baby and punched a woman in the face, according to court documents.
The incident happened early Monday at a home on Beverly Drive when the man broke into a home “to terrorize” a woman and 1-year-old child inside, a magistrate’s order said.
Antonio Jerome Meredith, 29, also kidnapped the baby “for the purpose of holding the victim as a hostage,” the magistrate’s order said.
Meredith also hit a woman twice in the face, the warrant said.
Meredith was taken into custody by Raleigh police at his home early Monday and charged with breaking/entering to terrorize/injure, first-degree kidnapping and assault on a female, according to arrest records.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man charged after NC homeowner foils break-in; suspect also accused of stealing car with kid inside
- NC man pleads guilty in young woman’s fentanyl-related death
- Man who killed NC woman in stabbing is held without bond, deputies say
- Teen shooter in birthday attack dies after 2 classmates killed, 3 wounded, police say
- New plans allows patients to see medical prices before treatment, Trump says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now