RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Raleigh man is facing several charges Monday after he kidnapped a baby and punched a woman in the face, according to court documents.
The incident happened early Monday at a home on Beverly Drive when the man broke into a home “to terrorize” a woman and 1-year-old child inside, a magistrate’s order said.
Antonio Jerome Meredith, 29, also kidnapped the baby “for the purpose of holding the victim as a hostage,” the magistrate’s order said.
Meredith also hit a woman twice in the face, the warrant said.
Meredith was taken into custody by Raleigh police at his home early Monday and charged with breaking/entering to terrorize/injure, first-degree kidnapping and assault on a female, according to arrest records.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biggest snow of season still on track overnight for central NC
- Convenience vs. privacy: How apps like Facebook Messenger spy on users
- Anticipation of snow leads to schedule changes for central NC schools, colleges
- Protesters call for better living conditions in Durham public housing
- Fayetteville city leaders vote not to demolish Market House, still want it changed in some way