GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A man was killed Sunday in a hit-and-run in Guilford County, according to a State Highway Patrol news release.
Shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday, the State Highway Patrol responded to a crash that happened on I-85 Business/U.S. Highway 29 at Riverdale Road in Guilford County.
John Edward Burt Jr., 39, of Raleigh, was hit by a vehicle and died at the scene.
After investigating evidence at the scene, troopers were able to determine that the suspect vehicle is a 2008-2011 blue Honda Civic.
The vehicle should have damage consistent to the right front bumper and missing passenger- side mirror.
There will possibly be damage to the right side of the hood on vehicle and possibly to the windshield.
The State Highway Patrol is requesting anyone that has information about this incident to call (336) 334-5500 or *HP (*47).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Vaccine ‘passports’ may open society, but not for everyone
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
- Stanford professor answers a modern quandary: Why is Zoom so exhausting?
- Police arrest NC salesman seen berating woman in profanity-laced video
- Activists hope new NCDOT report encourages safety around railroad tracks