RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man is being held under a $1 million bond after he was charged with statutory rape of a child and sharing images of that crime, warrants say.
Anthony Christian Harris, 28, was arrested late Friday by Raleigh police.
Warrants say between July 2019 and Jan. 14, Harris took photos of himself “engaging in sexual activity” with the teen and then shared those images.
He faces charges of :
- Felony statutory rape of a child 15 years old or younger
- Felony first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
- Felony second-degree exploitation of a minor
- Third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
If Harris posts his $1 million bond, he can not have contact with the victim or anyone under the age of 16, court documents show.
He remained behind bars Monday morning.
He is scheduled to appear before a Wake County judge on Jan. 21.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman accused of being topless with stepkids takes plea deal
- Family still searching for man who brutally killed Fayetteville mom 41 years ago
- San Francisco declares local emergency amid coronavirus outbreak
- Former UNC football player on trial for breaking sports agent laws
- 5 teens charged with capital murder in girl’s death in Biloxi
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now