RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man is being held under a $1 million bond after he was charged with statutory rape of a child and sharing images of that crime, warrants say.
Anthony Christian Harris, 28, was arrested late Friday by Raleigh police.
Warrants say between July 2019 and Jan. 14, Harris took photos of himself “engaging in sexual activity” with the teen and then shared those images.
He faces charges of :
- Felony statutory rape of a child 15 years old or younger
- Felony first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
- Felony second-degree exploitation of a minor
- Third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor
If Harris posts his $1 million bond, he can not have contact with the victim or anyone under the age of 16, court documents show.
He remained behind bars Monday morning.
He is scheduled to appear before a Wake County judge on Jan. 21.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biden to hit Trump as more focused on ‘power than principle’
- Officer suspended after video shows him with hands around man’s neck
- Olympians show solidarity amid intense worldwide protests over George Floyd’s death
- Snake causes power outages in SC county
- Judge gives control of Joe Exotic’s zoo to Carole Baskin
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now